As I stroll through Pinterest I see all of these blogs regarding freshman in college and how to make a smooth transition. So, I’ve decided to do the same thing but for people who are getting ready to be seniors. So here are what I believe to be the most important things to survive senior year.
- HAVE FUN Go out and do stupid crazy stuff with your friends. Don’t let the year slip away because it will be over before you know it.
- APPLY EARLY Unless the school you are applying to as a binding decision, apply everywhere early. But also, check to see if one of the schools you are applying to is apart of the free application week. It is much better to find out sooner, rather then later. note: application fees range from $40-$120 if not higher If you can use the same essay multiple times! Have the same teacher(s) write you your recommendations. Make sure it is someone who knows you really well and can speak about you on a personal level if possible.
- SAVE MONEY Senior year in one word is expensive. Prom, Class dues, application fees, Yearbook, Cap & Gown, Senior Ad, the list goes on and on. note: Just buy the cap & gown. It is cheaper to buy announcements from walgreens or somewhere else that are way cuter & cheaper than the ones you can order with your cap & gown
- SCHOLARSHIPS It is never too soon to start looking for and applying for scholarships! Every bit counts because college is expensive! If you qualify, apply. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get one!
- DON’T PROCRASTINATE Okay, I know you are gonna procrastinate but try really hard not too. For me senioritis didn’t hit until second semester. But, it is REAL and don’t let anyone tell you that it isn’t. Depending on the classes you take senioritis isn’t the end of the world but if you are harder ones it makes doing your work a million times harder no matter what it is.
- BUY A PLANNER I don’t care if it is lily pulitzer, erin condren, kate spade, target, walmart, or the dollar store. It doesn’t matter, just get one. It will be a game changer and will leave you wondering how you did life before you had one.
- AVOID STRESS Okay, for some this is nearly impossible and for others it will be no problem. Personally, senior year was full of stress and it was certainly not the easiest year of high school as I was told it would be. I found myself closing my eyes and counting to ten a lot. It’s okay to take a break and remove yourself from whatever is stressing you out. Remember: YOU ARE NOT SUPERWOMAN or MAN. You can’t do everything and you can’t always do it on your own. It’s okay to ask for help.
- MORE THAN A TEST SCORE Don’t let your scores on the ACT and SAT bum you out. I did terrible on both and I’m going to college. It isn’t the end of the world, especially if you shine brightly in other areas. Not everyone tests well so don’t let your scores think you aren’t smart.
- SENIOR TRIP GO. I don’t care if its just a day trip or one night or a week but GO. You’ll have the best time ever.
So these are my tips for making the most of senior year, if you have any questions or comments feel free to do so below! Also, if there’s something that I overlooked and should add.